£40,000 - £45,000 p.a. + Bonus and Benefits
A global shipping and logistics company and recruiting for a Deputy Accounts Manager to join the team on a 6-Month Contract.
- Assist in managing daily operations, staff and improving financial processes.
- Assist Manager to manage and oversee accounting department daily operations.
- Coordinate and review the work plan for assigned accounting functions and activities, assign work activities and projects, monitor workflow, review and evaluate work processes, methods and procedures.
- Review and approve a variety of journals entries and accounting activities. Review accounts after ledgers closed on monthly basis.
- Check cash disbursements, review cheques, bank transfers before submitting for authorisation.
- Prepare monthly management report and variance analysis.
- Assist in preparing annual budget.
- Ensure accounting activities comply with related regulations, ensure timely filing of various reports, VAT returns and related items. Ensure work is performed accurately and that deadlines are met.
- Perform various reconciliations and analyses as required.
- Review and prepare statutory accounts as well group reporting packs.
- Support annual audit by providing information and answers to auditors.
- Coordinate the company, staffing, and operational activities for assigned accounting activities and operations. Assist in implementing goals, objectives, policies and priorities for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Identify opportunities for improving process, method and procedures, identify resource needs, review with Manager/FD and implement improvements.
- Assist with training and motivating assigned accounting personnel.
- Communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and coaching, advising, developing, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies, procedures and objectives.
- ACCA/ACA Qualified/part qualified.
- Strong organizational, analytical, attention to details and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in shipping is essential.