£24,000 - £28,000 p.a. + Bonus and Benefits
A global shipping and logistics company and recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join the team on a 6-Month Contract.
- Assist in invoice processing from various accounting system (PO & NO PO systems).
- Prepare daily accounts payable journal entries.
- Assist in raising, processing Sales invoices and related tasks.
- Prepare Debtor/Creditor reconciliation report and raise any discrepancy with line manager in order a timely resolution can be identified.
- Prepare Bacs/other payment runs for invoices approved.
- Prepare staff expenses/credit card journals.
- Handling and writing cheques.
- Prepare Petty Cash journals.
- Prepare bank/creditor/debtor reconciliation.
- Assist in month end adjustment journals e.g. Accrual and Prepayment, Fixed assets etc.
- Assist in periodic reporting requirements to Head Office and other associated companies.
- Assist in year-end statutory accounts preparation.
- Assist in Year-end audit (providing vouchers etc.).
- Assist in meeting department objectives
- Ad Hoc accounting duties.
- AAT or ACCA studier or part-qualified.
- Have previous experience in a similar Accounts Assistant position.
- Strong work ethic and have the ability to take initiative when it comes to your workload and prioritising tasks.
- Must be able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to details.
- Good excel skills.