Competitive Salary + Bonus and Benefits
My client a global commodity trader is looking for a data scientist to continue to develop an early-stage data science team. The candidate will be responsible for owning several existing processes, such as managing existing databases and production systems, as well using their entrepreneurial mind-set to identify new projects.
- Project inception and management in order to generate tradable insights for our cocoa, coffee and cotton businesses.
- Using an investigative approach, leverage proprietary internal datasets (together with externally sourced datasets) to developed actionable insights for the trading team.
- Supervise junior data scientists within the team, providing experience, support and guidance.
- Work closely with senior commodity analysts on designing projects that will promote value to the Group.
- Agree scope of projects and report results to head of research.
- Present findings to head of research and other senior stakeholders within the business.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- In-depth Python knowledge. Including: Object-Orientated Programming, ETL development, predictive modelling/statistics.
- Database – Able to perform advanced queries (preferably including some PostGIS experience) and administrate in-house databases.
- Proficient Excel skills.
- Basic GIS skills – QGIS a plus.
- Linux/Shell Scripting.
- Familiarity with cloud computing and running data science projects using AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
- Proven experience managing data mining projects from inception to production.
- Proven experience in effectively communicating data science solutions with stakeholders.
- Commodity experience a plus.