to £85,000 p.a. + Bonus & Benefits
Due to continued success a global Commodity Trader are looking for a proven Business Developer from the Energy Sector to join their expanding Business Developement desk
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Contribute to creating business, from its company-wide and cross-organisational perspectives, by providing BDU’s core function of strategic corporate planning and promotion of cross-border business development. The candidate will be responsible to initiate and create new business by collaborating with external partners.
SCOPE OF JOB
- To manage the following scope in the energy transition field, which includes energy management, new energy and energy efficiency business. Activity areas are across the EU and will involve initiating business with external partners and collaboration with EBUs:
- Develop cross-border business/investment opportunities in the energy transition field, which includes new energy and energy efficiency
- Create and/or develop strategic partnership in the energy transition field with existing industrial players, which could lead transformation of new business of EBU
- Support and/or lead EBU to execute new business opportunities that are developed in above 1)&2) activities, to materialise the business and transform the existing business area, including due diligence, negotiation and gaining internal consensus approvals
- Actively initiate collaboration and communication to make strategic alignment and support regional offices to materialise business by utilising their resources (network, connections, ideas etc)
- Help to strategize directions in the energy transition field by feeding knowledge and movement of the market.
- University educated - preferably in any of the following areas: Accounting, International Tax, Law, Finance and/or Economics
- Advanced Excel skills
- Relevant business development experience and/or experience of corporate development through creation of mid to long term strategic plans
- Extensive experience within Energy sector ideally from an Origination background.
- Experience in project development and project management
- Preferred in experience of project and/or investment Due Diligence, execution
- Experience working within a European and/or global remit in a corporate environment