£55,000 - £60,000 p.a. + Bonus and Benefits
A large multi-national Group, with investments in various sectors including manufacturing, trading, real estate and banking. We provide legal advice to various group companies and family members worldwide.
The Legal & Compliance Advisor is operating within a small international team, reporting to the Head of Legal within the Corporate Office in Dubai.
- Drafting contracts from templates
- Develop compliance and financial risk-mitigating controls
- Provide advice and handle inquiries from the business regarding any compliance and regulatory requirements
- Develop and conduct internal training sessions on compliance related issues
- Cooperate with compliance departments in other locations
- Understanding global AML and Financial Crime regulations
- Develop procedures and policies related to KYC, AML, Client On boarding & monitoring
- Reviewing and advising on various aspects of commercial contracts
- Advising on dispute resolutions and proceedings against third parties
- Preparing and proofreading documents for execution such as Non-disclosure agreements, Memorandums of Understanding, board minutes of meeting, proxies etc.
- Liaising with third parties, including banks, auditors and external lawyers to ensure the smooth operation of group companies worldwide
- Keeping up to date and advising various units of changes in legislation
- Maintaining and updating company records, including drafting share transfer documents, preparing resolutions for the appointment and removal of directors
- Arranging for certification and legalisation of documents for use in various jurisdictions
- Proof reading and submitting various forms, including bank account mandates, and gathering any supporting documents required
- You will have completed an undergraduate law degree or relevant
- Familiar with AML - KYC - FCC situations
- Have an in depth understanding of the legal advisor role, with a broad and balanced knowledge of various areas of law relevant to commercial practice
- Relevant experience in different jurisdictions with different legal systems. This will facilitate the link required between the Group’s UK operations and its operations outside the UK on the legal side and will improve the understanding and communication regarding legal issues between our Group’s outside lawyers, directors and managers.
- Excellent analytical, researching and drafting skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to take good decisions based on judgment are absolutely essential.