£45,000 - £50,000 p.a. + Bonus and Benefits
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Market Risk Management team of one of the UK’s leading road and biofuel suppliers with over 18bln litres of volume supplied and risk managed on an annual basis, in addition to being the UKs largest fuel supplier operating multi-product & multi-country trading books.
The company is expanding its international presence actively trading in Ireland, North America, Brazil, the Middle & Far East and Australia. This position has strengthened within the European Biodiesel market from purchasing a third Biodiesel Plant in Amsterdam.
The primary responsibility of the Market Risk team is to act as a vital control function to enable trade in a responsible, transparent and controlled manner.
This role is pivotal to the business and requires a meticulous and entrepreneurially minded person to take ownership of multiple business sectors, ensuring any possible market risks are quickly reported to the Head of Risk Management. As the company continues to grow, there is a real demand for dynamic, hardworking and enthusiastic individuals to help support rapid growth.
Reporting to the Head of Risk Management your main responsibilities will include:
- Direct relationship with trading, ensuring position reporting is timely and accurate.
- Producing daily Profit & Loss reports (mark to market) including justified and commercially driven commentary.
- Use initiative and lateral thinking to identify gaps in and develop/implement reports to increase transparency for stakeholders in the business.
- Become the first point of contract for Junior Risk Analysts on the desk, helping to guide and support them when needed.
- Producing daily position reports which transparently summarise all market risk exposures arising from the business’s trading and hedging activities.
- Validating all markers used in the daily P&L reports and ensuring the methodologies applied provide commercially meaningful reports.
- Working closely with Accountants to support the reconciliation process between the reported middle office P&L figures and the monthly accounts.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to drive the development of the TriplePoint ETRM system.
- Ad hoc tasks as required to support the Risk team and the wider business.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Required Minimum of 1 year physical oil/products market risk experience.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel to an advanced level.
- Beneficial ETRM: TriplePoint (CXL) experience Accounting qualification.
- Strong communication skills, reliable and co-operative team member.
- Commitment to getting the job done, willing to 'get hands dirty’ to deliver objectives.
- Enthusiastic approach to develop the role and drive change.
- Control mind set, demonstrate the confidence to challenge decisions and hold up the mirror to business activities ensuring they are transparently reported.