£55,000 - £60,000 p.a. + Bonus and Benefits
Due to internal promotion, our client a global Crude Oil Trader are looking for an Oil Operator to join their busy London office.
- Scheduling and managing movement of crude, feed stocks, refined products, and components that involve different complexities, such as large volume movements with multiple origins and destination options or smaller multi-grade coastal voyages.
- Review and understand all aspects of each contract and charter party.
- Collaborate with counterparts in other oil companies regarding documents and requirements for cargoes.
- Entering and maintaining cargo nomination data into various internal systems. Collaborate with Intercompany Departments as and when required.
- Working closely with traders once deals are concluded. Working with Marine Assurance to clear vessels. Appointing independent surveyors for quality and quantity. Collaborate with credit department if letters of credit are required.
- Maintain cargo tracking and inventory spreadsheets and systems.
- Conducting analysis of logistics for efficiencies and commercial opportunities to optimize asset utilisation.
- Using developed network to gather relevant information needed to identify new strategic relationships and business opportunities.
- Constantly working to optimise voyages, berthing schedules, and minimise all costs including dead freight and demurrage and all cargo and vessel associated costs.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Strong industry knowledge, commercial awareness and understanding of industry standards and their commercial impact, as well as market trends / drivers, competitor markets and refinery operations in area of responsibility
- Understanding of refinery operations Shipping markets, Charter-parties, cargo pricing mechanisms hedging and marine operations.
- Thorough understanding of demurrage and the potential commercial impact.
- Self-starter with high degree of urgency, integrity and reliability. Action-oriented attitude with high levels of inquisitiveness. Problem solver and independent worker.
- Collaborative and able to work well with multiple groups including other business units and higher levels of management. A team worker, who aims to build commonality and encourage new and innovative team solutions.
- Stress tolerant, able to respond constructively to challenges and to work well in fast paced, high-stress situations.
- Attentive to detail and capable to complete tasks thoroughly. Ability to discern discrepancies in data and reports.
- Possesses complex thinking - not solely driven by volumes but also understands pricing and economics. Able to respond to multifaceted logistical variables and understand direct and indirect impact of decisions. Capable of creating well thought out workable solutions.
- Capable to multitask and be highly organised - facilitates analysis and resolution of multiple problems with critical timelines and multiple teams. Required to handle multiple, complex and challenging operational issues.
- Flexible attitude towards working hours according to business needs. 24 hour availability.