£50,000 - £60,000 p.a. + Performance Bonus
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Oil Risk Management team of a leading fuel supplier with over 18bln litres of volume supplied and risk managed on an annual basis.
Purpose:Reporting to the Head of Risk Management your main responsibilities will include: -
- Direct relationship with trading, ensuring position reporting is timely and accurate.
- Producing daily Profit & Loss reports (mark to market) including justified and commercially driven commentary.
- Use initiative and lateral thinking to identify gaps in and develop/implement reports to increase transparency for stakeholders in the business.
- Become the first point of contract for Junior Risk Analysts on the desk, helping to guide and support them when needed.
- Producing daily position reports which transparently summarise all market risk exposures arising from the business’s trading and hedging activities.
- Validating all markers used in the daily P&L reports and ensuring the methodologies applied provide commercially meaningful reports.
- Working closely with Accountants to support the reconciliation process between the reported middle office P&L figures and the monthly accounts.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to drive the development of the TriplePoint ETRM system.
- Ad hoc tasks as required to support the Risk team and the wider business.
Experience and qualifications:
- Required Minimum of 2 years physical oil/products experience
- Experience implementing an ETRM system
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel to an advanced level
- ETRM: TriplePoint (CXL) experience
- Accounting qualification
- Strong communication skills, reliable and co-operative team member;
- Commitment to getting the job done, willing to 'get hands dirty’ to deliver objectives.
- Enthusiastic approach to develop the role and drive change
- Control mind set, demonstrate the confidence to challenge decisions and hold up the mirror to business activities ensuring they are transparently reported.