to £60,000 p.a. + Bonus and Benefits
An Oil Trading Company are recruiting for a Shipping Operator to join the team.
The Ship Operator ensures that the cargo is transported safely and efficiently on the controlled and Voyage Chartered Tonnage. You will act as the coordinator and liaison between the Traders, Cargo desks, Chartering and Vessel Owners, Master, Service Providers and brokers. You manage the voyage P/L and performance of vessels against the contractual terms and voyage estimates.
- Prepares documentation, maintains records and coordinates logistics of the cargo transportation and vessel
- Coordinates and liaises with Traders, Cargo Operators on load and discharge requirements
- Coordinates with other International offices on discharge logistics
- Liaises with Master / Charterers / Owners & brokers to effectively manage the voyage
- Ensures complete familiarity of ongoing charter parties and relevant contracts, ensuring Owners and Masters comply with the same
- Maintain P&L and act proactively to protect the same from any adverse swings
- Handling of cargo & bunker claims and other ancillary claims
- Engages Agents, STS providers, Bunker Suppliers, Towage companies and other service providers as necessary
- Creating freight invoices and other non-demurrage voyage claims
- Prepare and issue relevant reports as required. Monitor voyage estimates against actual results
- Ensure a high standard of Operational Excellence is maintained at all times
- Any other tasks that the company may reasonably assign to this role from time to time, according to business requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience from a similar position at a reputable Trading House, Oil Major or Ship Owner
- Can demonstrate their ability to work self-sufficiently and have a keen interest in the Crude Oil Trading and Shipping Industry.
- Has a proven track record in operating controlled tonnage and/or Voyage Chartered Tonnage.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Qualifications: Min. Bachelors Degree Commercial, Shipping or Economic studies (or equivalent)
- Competent MS Office skills Excellent English written and verbal communication