£48,000 - £52,000 p.a. + Bonus & Benefits
Due to a recent internal promotion a global Commodity Trader are looking for a Risk Analyst to join their dynamic Risk Team in London.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- Providing analytical expertise to support the day to day operations of the team
- Providing a high level of service to business departments
- Reviewing and proposing new ways of working where appropriate
- Challenging the current way of thinking and planning
SCOPE OF JOB
The Trade Risk Management function includes:
- Support for business departments and group companies for controlling risk and enhancing profit through conducting the function of an "in-house advisor". This is applicable to all stages of trading transactions including the analysis and assessment of risks (mainly credit risk); making suggestions and proposing appropriate solutions to the business departments.
- Day to day risk management routines (e.g. internal credit application handling, credit balance monitoring, etc.)
- Customer visits in relation to risk management matters upon the business departments’ request
- Making suggestions and proposing solutions for the improvement of credit risk management operations
- Degree in Business, Economics or Accounting.
- Solid credit and trade/transactional risk analysis experience gained in a trading company or financial institution for at least two years
- Preferred commodity trading business experience
- Experience liaising with and advising stakeholders at various levels within a multinational environment.
- Experience in working under pressure with strict deadlines
- SAP would be an advantage
- Strong Microsoft Office (especially Excel) skills