£55,000 - £65,000 p.a. + Bonus and Benefits
Reporting to the Regional Credit Manager of a well established multinational Commodity Broker, you will use your experienced gained within a Commodity Trading, Brokerage, Shipping/Maritime environment to take a leading role within the Credit Team.
- Through continual collaboration with the trading teams, provide credit risk rating recommendations to Senior Management based on in-depth research and analytical work
- Action daily credit requests, coming in from the traders and business development, for counterparties in assigned region; help maintain the company’s credit exposure within the framework of the company’s risk appetite and limits.
- Write Credit Reports for the business, using all relevant research, investigation methods, and available data, to provide justification/explanation for credit recommendations and decisions.
- Ongoing liaison with traders and managers to promote and encourage credit awareness in dealing with customers and suppliers; monitor and enforce the company’s credit risk policies with the high-level objective of achieving 'zero bad debt’.
- Identify and monitor outstanding debts and follow up with traders to ensure overdue payments are settled; identify bad debt and work in collaboration with the Legal team to recover payment.
- Support Business Development activities by identifying new business opportunities through extensive market research.
- Work in close co-operation with the Finance team to optimise margins on deals.
- Proactively monitor and report on market and other developments impacting counterparties in the assigned region; keep the internal CRM/trading platform up to date with relevant market intelligence.
- Liaise with traders, shipping intelligence agencies, insurance companies, shipping companies, and any other relevant counterparties to build up a network of contacts within the market.
Special Working Conditions:
- Some regional and international travel required.
- Expectation to work outside of standard business hours (9am-6pm) - evening and weekend availability required.
- An academic qualification at graduate level (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) - finance, business, economics, maritime studies or another relevant discipline is preferable, but all disciplines will be considered.
Knowledge & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience within a credit risk analyst role.
- Understanding of or exposure to credit risk within the shipping/maritime/bunkering industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Exposure to credit risk management in various regions including Europe.
- An established network of relevant contacts in the European market.
- Proven experience implementing credit solutions, researching and gathering data from various sources, and drafting credit and market reports.
Skills & Abilities:
- Hard-working, goal-oriented and with a high level of energy and enthusiasm, able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment.
- An analytical mind-set, solid numerical skills and a high level of attention to detail; able to analyse and interpret complex information, process data and provide credible recommendations based on sound judgement and with a focus on quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to present information in a concise, logical manner, and with authority to a variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build, expand and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Robust decision-making skills, able to make accurate, informed decisions and recommendations quickly, and remain resilient when under pressure.
- Persuasive and influential by nature; able to negotiate, present convincing arguments, and influence the decision of others to accept a specific opinion.
- A flexible and adaptable attitude, with the ability to multi-task and respond quickly to changing priorities; effective time management and organisational skills, able to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines.
- High level of commercial acumen, understands the wider business context; able to demonstrate a high level of cultural awareness and sensitivity and the ability to engage with a culturally diverse population remotely and across geographical boundaries.
- Able to work co-operatively and productively with others; actively contributes to successful team performance and the achievement of shared goals.
- Ambitious, self-motivated and demonstrating a willingness to continually develop own knowledge and skills and participate in development opportunities above and beyond required trainings.
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential. Other European language skills would be an advantage
- High level of computer literacy including proficiency of MS Office package and able to work with CRM systems.