to £80,000 p.a. + Bonus and Benefits
One of the world’s leading Gas Commodity Trading companies with an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning and a successful history of growth are now looking to recruit an experienced Product Control professional with the potential to progress into a Management/Leadership role !
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily economic profit and loss, as well as financial exposure reporting, for a selection of trading strategies including but not limited to Gas storage, Gas Options and Natural Gas swing contracts.
- Fully attribute daily P&L change to new deals, movements in market curves and basis spreads, as well as volumetric and other transaction updates.
- Support the month-end financial closing processes
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong analytical skills (e.g. ability to understand the impact of market changes on P&Ls, as well as economic events in the lifecycle of a deal)
- Understanding of the deal-lifecycle of typical commodity trade types (forwards, futures, swaps)
- Excellent numerical skills with the ability to problem solve in a logical & commercial manner.
- Able to work effectively in a fast moving, changing environment
- Highly motivated and proactive individual and team player
- Able to manage sometimes differing priorities of multiple parties
- Communication and influencing skills
- Strong business partnership skills
- Prior knowledge and exposure to commodity option and forward contracts. Previous experience of Natural Gas storage and option structures.
- Trading deal lifecycle experience, whether directly involved in a front, middle or back office/financial reporting role, or as a business or process analyst thereto.
- Experience of Microsoft Excel is a necessity
- Degree level education in a numerate or financial discipline required (or equivalent experience).