£35,000 - £40,000 p.a. + Bonus and Benefits
One of the world's leading trading companies and they are looking to add a Settlements Analyst to their team in London, ideally with a background in Banking or Trading.
- This position is responsible for supporting the Lead Settlements Analyst in providing a world-class settlements service to the business.
- The role will provide an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to gain exposure across a very wide range of energy products and to work in an ambitious company which is the main trading arm of the world’s largest gas producer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working within one of the sub teams within the Financial Operations department ensuring the timely settlement of a variety of products such as Physical Gas and Power.
- Working closely with Front Office representatives for these products, supporting and initiating improvements to the trading systems and workflow processes within Settlements, Finance and across FO to Settlements.
- Liaison with various teams within the organisation from Risk Management, Legal, IT, Finance, Treasury and Credit teams to ensure integrity of data within the trading system to accurate reporting within defined timescales.
- Supporting the trading desk in counterparty relationships and in ensuring quality information flows across the business and taking action to resolve any disputes.
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with counterparties and other teams within the organisation.
- Production of invoices for the various commodities and products according to the specific contractual terms by generating sales and pro-forma purchase invoices, including detailed backup.
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are constantly reviewed, documented and updated.
Skills & Competencies:
- A working knowledge of trading systems, preferably SAP.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Diligent and dependable.
- Good organisational and execution skills.
- Ability to work well in a small but growing team.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as an individually.
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally with all areas of the business.
- Dedication to review and improvement of existing processes.
- Commercially astute with the ability to develop and understand issues.
- Experienced in settlement / invoicing processes for energy trades and related products preferred.
- Experience in an energy trading environment.
- Experience of working with trading counterparties and direct contact with the trading desks.
- Educated to degree level standard (or equivalent) desirable.