£28,000 p.a. + Bonus
A Top 10 global Energy trading company in London are recruiting a Graduate into their Demurrage team. Working with an experienced team you will initially be involved in the claims and demurrage processes and procedures.
- Maintain and manage the filing of all demurrage claims, both Shipping and Cargo in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Check all loading and discharge time logs and identify demurrage cases.
- Submit demurrage claims to suppliers and receivers based on purchase and sale contracts.
- Review and counter claims from suppliers and receivers based on purchase and sale contracts or charter-parties.
- Review and counter claims from owners based on charter-parties.
- Liaison with finance department on a daily basis and organizing offsets and cross payments.
- Maintain data and send the payable and receivable notices.
- Gather data and conduct analysis of demurrage claim progress on a regular basis.
- Work alongside team members to reduce UK receivables and provide cover for other team members during busy and holiday periods.
- Cooperate with the finance departments about all demurrage payment and invoice arrangements
- And any other tasks that the company may reasonably assign from time to time, according to business needs
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a shipping / marine type subject
- Shipping experience / knowledge
- Experience of handling demurrage claims from shipping and trading contracts