£40,000 to £45,000 p.a. + Bonus & Benefits
We have a unique opportunity for a trade support specialist to join our clients dedicated Trade Support team within their soft commodity business unit.
Reporting to the Trade Support Manager the successful candidate will work closely with the Trading team to support futures and physical trading activity, so the ability to work well under pressure and to time critical deadlines is a must !
The successful applicant will have gained experience working in futures trade support ideally within a trading or commodity brokerage background and be prepared to work flexi-time as requested.
Basic hours of work 12.00 pm to 20.00 pm (or 7.30 am to 16.00 pm during holiday cover periods only).
- Daily recording and reconciliation of Futures / options trades.
- End of day input into our CTRM trading system (ITAS) of broker futures trades, internal futures trades (transacted between Man entities) and internal cross futures trades (transacted between trading departments).
- Reconciling broker confirmations to trades booked to ensure that all trades are captured correctly in CTRM (ITAS).
- Instructing clearers to transfer internal futures between futures sub-accounts.
- Sending futures order fill confirmation recaps to traders.
- Daily reconciliation of broker/clearer statements against ITAS.
- Break Resolution, resolve & identify booking discrepancies.
- Recording External Broker trading volumes and verifying external brokerage invoices.
- Monitoring of 'exchange for physical’ (EFP) pricing to come position.
- Sending pricing recaps to clients for SEO/BEO pricing contracts.
- Handling of give-up agreements.
- Assisting ICE with surveillance requests.
- Recording of all OTC products.
- Checking of deal confirmations to physical contracts.
- Signing, returning & filing of deal confirmations.
- Weekly reconciliation of Clearer’s statements against OTC records.
- Co-ordinating the processing of structured products between Compliance team and other internal departments. Cross up of the futures roll to all the house Accounts with open positions.
- Abandon/Exercise maintenance of Options.
- Settlement of expired futures (Brokers side).
- Provide support and guidance to ensure compliance with all market regulations and adherence to internal control processes.
- Monitor and circulate daily Physical & Futures Position reports and/or other trading reports as required by the business and answering all associated queries.
- Daily reporting of clearing position, futures/ physicals positions and Pricing to come.
- Review and update contract costs provisions, commissions and P&L’s ensuring that data is accurate, complete and consistent.
- 2 years plus relevant experience in futures trading operations (preferably commodities or commodity brokerage).
- Strong knowledge and experience of the commodity markets for both exchange listed products and OTC derivatives (Swaps, Options).
- Good numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify, analyse & resolve differences in P&L and positions.
- Knowledge of SAL/RSAL/ ICE no.11/ ICE Whites Futures Contract rules would be an advantage.