£60,000 - £69,500 p.a. + Bonus and Benefits
A subsidiary of one of Japans largest trading companies are recruiting for a Trading Analyst to join the team that sits within the Hedging Team of the Trading and Optimisation Department.
The Hedging Team is responsible for managing all exposures within the company. These are the exposures that result from Short Term Trading, Medium Term business development, and Long-Term equity flows.
Manage & develop price risk mitigation plan and in-house market research functionality through the use of best risk management techniques, financial modelling & analytics tools to protect value, and enhance competitiveness of the company’s global LNG portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the formulation of Hedging strategies through best risk management practices & core financial modelling to ensure trading margins are well protected.
- Provide documentation support to the LNG Trading Desk in relation to all financial and physical gas Agreements and Confirmations. The individual is expected to negotiate documentation with external counter-parties and develop a sound knowledge of the company’s internal controls and procedures.
- Plan & manage price risk mitigation plan by conducting risk exposure assessment & applying effective tools to ensure market risks are mitigated in compliance to company’s policy & guideline.
- Support the formulation of Contractual Framework for International Swaps & Derivative Association (ISDA) and Schedules, Long Form Confirmations and Confirmation Notices through competitive negotiation terms with hedging counter-parties towards executing a binding agreement to safeguard company’s interest.
- Provide pricing & risk mitigation advisory by formulating internal forward prices & substantiate with market view to support appropriate evaluation of trading opportunity.
- Plan & develop model & database through collections of market data, intelligence gathering, and in-depth analysis on various regional energy markets to maximize company’s margin and profitability.
- The individual will be expected build fundamental expertise with regards to the natgas and LNG market in Europe including demand forecast, regasification capacity, transit and transport capacity in UK and the Continent as well as developing cross commodity analytics.
- Oversee the negotiation and execution of natgas MSPA’s, liaising with internal functions to ensure compliance with process and best practice; specifically Credit (including KYC), Risk, Legal, Tax, and Back
- Support in tender submission processes (pricing, view, prehedge tactics).
- Evaluate risks inherent in new technology, regulatory and legal, and project exposures.
- In relation to medium term transactions, assist in the internal approval process, determine the structure of the documentation framework, and manage timescales.
- Ensure constant maintenance of information in Energy Trading Risk Management System and/or MTM by monitoring of trade information, static data, and updating registered counter-parties and limits to ensure that the information reported in the system is accurate, viable and secure.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Mathematics/Actuarial science/Finance or any related discipline.
- Demonstrable experience in Risk Management/analysis/operation functions within the Energy and/or financial market.
- Extensive direct experience in natural gas physical and financial trading as well as JKM trading is an advantage.
- Strong analytical, problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently & as a team.
- Established background within physical commodity markets, including natgas.
- Deep and current understanding of natgas and LNG market dynamics and current projects.
- Good understanding of risk management principles.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Professional written and verbal English language skills and proven ability to communicate well with multiple stakeholders.
- Those with Regulatory and/or Professional certification is an added advantage.
- Excellent in excel (VBA, Macros).
- Proven experience in physical gas trading including booking of transport and storage capacity.
- To keep abreast with gas/LNG Market environment to be able to identify trading trends and opportunities.
- To keep abreast to latest Trading Risk Management concept & practices.
- To keep abreast with dynamics of energy/commodity/derivatives trading in major trading hubs around the world