£58,000 - £62,000 p.a. + Bonus and Benefits
Due to accelerated growth a global Commodity Trader are looking to expand their Accounting Function.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the preparation of P&L for the group.
- Assist in the implementation of new businesses - reporting and integration of accounting systems
- Assist and over- see month end accounting process and submission of relevant reports to head office in Europe for all entities.
- Build and streamline controls over balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for ensuring that all transactions are accurate and booked in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all accounting transactions including MTM of inventory, derivatives, FX under IAS39
- Preparation and consolidation of annual budget and strategy document/presentation (forecasting PnL/B/S, working capital requirements, CAPEX etc.)
- Develop a strong understanding of the systems used by the company (Trading & Accounting).
- Liaise closely with all departments to keep abreast of business developments that could affect Accounts/Treasury.
- Dealing with queries from HQ.
- Streamline and enhance the Risk versus Finance P&L
- Assist in the implementation of a full front to back interface of systems, (Right angle through to SAP)
- Improving Month end processes to improve efficiency and controls - improve submission times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- Experience working within the commodity sector
- Critical thinker particularly in terms of analysing complex data and being able to draw conclusions and suggest solutions
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills
- Previous experience using SAP (preferred but not essential)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to use initiative and possess the ability to work in a complex and dynamic environment
- Proactive and motivated person